A letter to my current and future patients
Caring for and developing meaningful relationships with each of my patients is a true privilege. This provides the most fulfilling aspect of my work and is the reason for some exciting and important changes to my way of practicing.
I am excited to tell you more about my new personalized medicine practice and invite you to join me. Watson Family Medicine, located at 584 Westport Road in Elizabethtown, opened May 2nd!
Why make a change?
Over the past 15 years of practicing medicine, I have experienced first-hand the various changes in medical practice. The most pleasurable practice experiences have definitely been when patient quality over quantity was the focus. High quality visits allow for more time with my patients; hence a higher level of evaluation can be achieved, which leads to healthier and happier patients.
The new model helps us invest more in our precious patient-physician relationship. I have more time to evaluate you as a whole person, including your environmental and lifestyle influences on your health. We have more time for consultation, education, and follow up support, which is vital to rendering excellent medical care. And we can focus more on preventing and reversing your disease process.
I will be directly involved in every level of your care and be better able to put the utmost focus on the patient-physician relationship.
What does joining us at Watson Family Medicine mean for you?
I will be limiting the size of my practice to just a few hundred patients. This will allow you to enjoy many important benefits not found in typical medical practices today:
- Time: Time to be heard, understood, and cared for thoroughly.
- Always your own doctor: Dr. Watson. Every visit. Every call. Every time.
- Peace of Mind: Sometimes a text, email, or phone chat with your doctor is all you need.
- Consideration: Same- or next-day office or virtual visits. On time, unhurried and relaxed.
- Convenience: Easily reach us directly — no call centers.
- Health and Wellness: Emphasis on the root cause of illness, prevention, and lifestyle factors.
- Advocacy: Help navigating and coordinating your care in a complex system.
- Savings: Save time and expense of unnecessary urgent care visits, hospitalization, and medications.
- Home visits as appropriate.
- Annual Lifestyle/Functional Medicine-based Diagnostic Exam: I will gather detailed information on your health and lifestyle and do an in-depth review of your wellness goals — all beyond what a typical insurance-covered annual evaluation includes. I will create with you with a customized plan of care to help you achieve your goals — with an emphasis on the root cause of illness, prevention, and lifestyle factors.
- Ongoing health support and communication: Throughout the year I will provide you with close monitoring and necessary adjustments, and quarterly follow-up visits to promote and reinforce healthy lifestyle habits. Your support includes health coaching for nutrition and fitness education/coaching. Complimentary Yoga classes will be offered twice monthly, and an online nutritionist will be available for groups and private consultations.
By using such a model, it has been shown patients have fewer hospitalizations, less need for specialist referrals, and require less medication, while feeling more in control of their own health.
I am confident our new practice will redefine your expectations for medical care!
How to continue as my patient
Please inform us as soon as possible to ensure your place and benefit from our lower Founder’s pricing (see pricing details). Our program is designed to be eligible for HSA, HRA or FSA funds.
Membership is not an insurance plan, so you will use your health insurance coverage just as you always have.
Are you ready to join our practice?
Fantastic! Here are the easy ways to join:
- Sign up securely online.
- Contact Lillian, our membership coordinator, at 270-212-6343 or info@WatsonFM.com, and she will assist you.
We are always happy to talk with you and answer your questions.
I am very passionate about what my new practice offers. It allows me a better opportunity to practice medicine as it was meant to be — directly between a physician and patient — which should lead to a healthier and happier you. It would be my privilege to continue to be your physician.
Dr. Andrea Watson